Monday 20 August 2012

notes from the treehouse


I've really fallen for this album since producing an entry for the Creative Allies Alessi's Ark CD cover design contest.  For whatever reason, I've not been privy to 

Unbeknown to me, there were a couple of Alessi's Ark songs on the playlist in a shop that I used to work in (in a job that I didn't particularly enjoy), that used to play in a continual loop for however many hours you'd been assigned to work for the day, and at the time I think that tarnished my enjoyment of the songs.  But then this competition sprung up, and I remembered that a friend of a boyfriend used to drum for a band named Alessi's Ark, and the competition sounded like a lot of fun, so I took the opportunity to really engage with the music.  And what enchanting music it is.  I'm a bit in love with Alessi's ability to craft a lyric, and conjure a sort of magical atmosphere that embodies the band's songs and their beautiful narrative style.  That's what I hoped to achieve with this pictorial response to Notes from the Treehouse, and I hope that it does that, even slightly.

I've since picked up a copy of their Time Travel album, which has some real gems on it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment