Tuesday 10 August 2010

steady as she goes


I am slowly, SLOWLY plodding my way through my monumental to-do list.  I have finally got around to building a basic website to showcase my work, which you can find at www.mydeerfriend.co.ukIt's a starting point, but a website nonetheless, where I have recently posted photographs of my graphic novel project, so do have a look and let me know what you think!

I have also launched a set of greeting cards, in as much as I have designed a selection of notecards with a special purpose and as an Etsy fanatic, I plan to make them available to buy online at some point, along with my birdie tote bag.  So watch this space!


As for my book challenge, I haven't quite earned my tick yet.  I'm on author number four.  'If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things'.  A delightful little read, courtesy of my dear friend Vanessa, following a complex tangle of lives, where the people within the novel are identified by their facial hair or personal quirks, rather than referred to by name.  It's an unusual one, I'll let you know how I get on with it!

8 comments:

  1. wow you've been so busy! puts me to shame! what did you make your website with if you don't mind me asking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your website is great and i LOVE your graphic novel photo's, they are really really lovely. I especially love the house on the hill and the puppet one. You should put them all up! and introduce yourself next time you walk past my road ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lucy, that's really kind! I'll put some more up ASAP! I'm glad you like the website too!

    As coincidence has it, we may very well live on the same street, as I am a Wells Road resident too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber!
    I made my website with moonfruit, which is lots of fun and quite straight forward! Are you having a good summer? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheers dawn, I might have to check that out and put it on my very long to do list! I'm good, how are you doing? (all your stuff looks amazing by the way, felt rude as didn't say before!) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thanks! I'm okay thank you, in the midst of moving flat and have way too much other stuff to do before the summer is out! Exciting and stressful times! How goes you? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the feeling, my to do list is ridiculous! I'm ok, been working hard earning some cash mainly. Really want to escape this stupid weather but don't think I'll have a chance to :( Hope the movings gone/going ok x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn these are beautiful, we should sell them in Paperchase! ♥ xxx

    ReplyDelete