Tuesday 2 February 2010

brekkie to go

I've started compiling a big chunky list of things I want to do in 2010 (inspired by the great hulaseventy), which I intend to publish at some point.  My mum and I delight in collecting free recipe mags from supermarkets and tearing them out and sticking them in a book.  This is usually about as far as my culinary pursuits go.  However, I have endeavored, as part of my rapidly evolving list, to try at least fifteen recipes from my stash over the next three hundred and thirty two days of the year.  I have Asda to thank for this one.  Very yummy indeed, and quite handy.

Ingredients
175g butter
3tbsp golden syrup
100g soft brown sugar
3tbsp lemon juice
250g rolled oats
25g flaked almonds
2tbsp sesame seeds
50g raisins
and a sprinkling of cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas Mark 3.  Grease and line at deep cake tin (or whatever you can find) with baking paper.  Put the butter, golden syrup, sugar and lemon juice in a pan and stir over a low heat until melted.  Mix the oats, flaked almonds, sesame seeds, raisins and cinnamon in a bowl.  Pour the melted mixture into the bowl and combine until covered.  Press into the cake tin with a fork until even and bake in the oven for about twenty five minutes.  Remove and allow to cool (I didn't realise that the flapjack mix doesn't firm until it has cooled and incidentally kept shoving it back in the oven.  Trust physics).  Cut into bars or squares and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment